Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cool Kids

So we went to Daytona Beach for my birthday. Lately I have been feeling run down and run out and all I can think about on a minute by minute basis is going on a vacation. Unfortunately that isn't in our future with 101 other financial obligations. Bummer. So when my birthday rolled around still all I could think that I wanted was a get-away. I found a great little hotel at a reasonable price right on the beach. I have never stayed at a hotel on the beach and I gotta say I was impressed. It is so nice to just be at the beach, no driving and searching for parking spots......we were just there. I loved it. So for the little overnight jaunt we basically went from the pool to the beach and back to the pool all day long......Loved it. Best birthday present I coulda got!

Being Ezra's first time on the beach he did great, better than great. I think he was loving being held just about all day long. We got to the pool every single day at home so the water was nothing new to him, but the sand - now that was enthralling. He squished it, ate it and just generally had a fascination with it.

Ella is a born Florida girl (even though technically she was born in Michigan and moved here at 8 months). She belongs on the beach and in the water. Even Florida people are impressed with her swimming skills. All without lessons. Some day may be we can live closer to the beach, but even today I am amazed we live where we live. I feel so lucky and blessed to be here in Florida. So are these cool kids......


No comments: