We welcomed Ezra into the world January 14, 2011. It was an amazing birth experience. I had challenges with our first baby's birth. I knew that this time and decided to face the challenges and recognize them. It made all the difference. From the minute we arrived at the hospital I was happy, expecting a miracle to unfold and boy did it.....I can actually say I enjoyed the whole process. It wasn't the fabulous glamorized birth experiences the world claims to be "normal" but it was our story and it was special. I embraced every minute of this c-section and I loved it. I did have the same reaction to the morphene that I did with Ella and I itched from head to toe for 24 hours and that was about the ickiest part of everything. I think in retrospect the other reason I enjoyed it so much is that the c-section required I stay in the hospital for three days. Three days where I didn't have to worry about what to feed people, or laundry or fingerprints on the windows. Nope, on the contrary, three days to hold my little love. Every night after all the visitors left I sat in bed with him, cuddling, drinking awesome hospital grape juice and just loving my life.
Speaking of visitors.....there was a world of difference from when we lived in Michigan where we had very little support. I remember one morning at the hospital after Ella was born, Binyam had called home to Ethiopia and his parents went bizerk on the phone over the birth of their first grandchild, a sharp contrast to the barren hospital room we sat in and cried. This time we had visitor after visitor after visitor and we felt so loved...
Speaking of his parents....they traveled here to help us. Oh my, that is a long story, but all in all what a tremendous blessing it must have been for them to be here with us when Ezra was born.
This little guy....he is so loved and welcomed. We are so happy he is here. His name, Ezra, means helper and he has helped us see love and redemption in such an amazing way. He has already begun to walk in the heritage of his name. And like his middle name, Taye', Ethiopian for - he has been seen by God.....My little son.
Speaking of visitors.....there was a world of difference from when we lived in Michigan where we had very little support. I remember one morning at the hospital after Ella was born, Binyam had called home to Ethiopia and his parents went bizerk on the phone over the birth of their first grandchild, a sharp contrast to the barren hospital room we sat in and cried. This time we had visitor after visitor after visitor and we felt so loved...
Speaking of his parents....they traveled here to help us. Oh my, that is a long story, but all in all what a tremendous blessing it must have been for them to be here with us when Ezra was born.
This little guy....he is so loved and welcomed. We are so happy he is here. His name, Ezra, means helper and he has helped us see love and redemption in such an amazing way. He has already begun to walk in the heritage of his name. And like his middle name, Taye', Ethiopian for - he has been seen by God.....My little son.



No comments:
Post a Comment