******We were asked to pull all pictures from our blogs....so see pictures here ***********
The news called it paralleled only to a moon landing. Nearly one billion people watched as 33 miners were rescued from the belly of the earth. I watched. I thought I was experiencing a pregnancy induced delusion when I noticed one night before bed that the sleeve of the miners t-shirt had my work's logo on it. Most miners wore this t-shirt up and I thought I was just disillusional. Till the next morning it was all the buzz around the office. They were in fact wearing shirts given to them by our staff in Chile.
I told Binyam that it is amazing to me in light of past disasters like the Thailand tsunami and the Haiti earthquake that through both of those disasters I watched in horror and disbelief and I didn't know the name of even one person lost. Not one. However here the world was watching as 33 lived through an unthinking and unbelievable disaster and we were able to know their names and rejoice and celebrate with them and their families. God knew where they were trapped and led rescuers to them and gave them the amazing wisdom and insight to get them out, something that had never been done before. Like a moon landing.....
And me....lately my job has felt like a job. Not so much a ministry. I felt a disconnect from sitting at my desk every day to what I am really helping and enabling to happen. Seeing those t-shirts was really insignificant in light of so many other things but to me it was a screaming and shouting reminder from God that what I help to do every day not only reaches to the ends of the earth but apparently to the depths of it also!!!!!! It was like salt to my soul...."The lord God has given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens my ear to hear...." Isaiah 50:4 He definitely awoken my ear and I heard loud and clear....
The news called it paralleled only to a moon landing. Nearly one billion people watched as 33 miners were rescued from the belly of the earth. I watched. I thought I was experiencing a pregnancy induced delusion when I noticed one night before bed that the sleeve of the miners t-shirt had my work's logo on it. Most miners wore this t-shirt up and I thought I was just disillusional. Till the next morning it was all the buzz around the office. They were in fact wearing shirts given to them by our staff in Chile.
I told Binyam that it is amazing to me in light of past disasters like the Thailand tsunami and the Haiti earthquake that through both of those disasters I watched in horror and disbelief and I didn't know the name of even one person lost. Not one. However here the world was watching as 33 lived through an unthinking and unbelievable disaster and we were able to know their names and rejoice and celebrate with them and their families. God knew where they were trapped and led rescuers to them and gave them the amazing wisdom and insight to get them out, something that had never been done before. Like a moon landing.....
And me....lately my job has felt like a job. Not so much a ministry. I felt a disconnect from sitting at my desk every day to what I am really helping and enabling to happen. Seeing those t-shirts was really insignificant in light of so many other things but to me it was a screaming and shouting reminder from God that what I help to do every day not only reaches to the ends of the earth but apparently to the depths of it also!!!!!! It was like salt to my soul...."The lord God has given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens my ear to hear...." Isaiah 50:4 He definitely awoken my ear and I heard loud and clear....
So those t-shirts said it all......about everything......The front said, "Gracious Senor"..."Thank you Lord" and the back.....gives me chills...........
"In His hand are the depths of the earth and the mountain peaks belong to Him." Psalm 95:4



No comments:
Post a Comment