I have a second blog.
I started it in October of last year but in all actuality I have been doing this for years.
So here is the deal. I LOVE to read. I love books. I don't know if I was always like that. I think I can trace my love affair beginning with a little something my lovely friend Hannah said to me years ago in college (this is all your fault, Hannah) I think I might have said something to the effect that I don't have time to read because we were knee deep in college curriculum. She said reading was an escape, a time to live in an other's world for a while and forget your own! That stuck with me and it launched a total love affair with reading.
I have to say I really only read literary novels. I do like a little John Grisholm, but to me that is a different class of fiction that literary classics or those that are new but will one day be literary classics! I don't really read many christian "self help" books. I do like me some Francine Rivers, though....great christian novelist! So beware; if a review stands out and you think you might like to peruse.... that it often does not have christian content.
Anyways, I have always kept a diary of all the books I have read and just last year transferred from hand written journal form to a web log. I have to say I am a much slower reader since I got married and had a baby, but I still chip away at a good book...and there are SOOOO many out there......
I also feel like finishing a book is a great accomplishment to me. I feel proud and happy when I finally flip the last page of the book. I just finished one, 'The Book Thief'. It was a really good book! Read my review......... http://literarylitmus.blogspot.com/
I started it in October of last year but in all actuality I have been doing this for years.
So here is the deal. I LOVE to read. I love books. I don't know if I was always like that. I think I can trace my love affair beginning with a little something my lovely friend Hannah said to me years ago in college (this is all your fault, Hannah) I think I might have said something to the effect that I don't have time to read because we were knee deep in college curriculum. She said reading was an escape, a time to live in an other's world for a while and forget your own! That stuck with me and it launched a total love affair with reading.
I have to say I really only read literary novels. I do like a little John Grisholm, but to me that is a different class of fiction that literary classics or those that are new but will one day be literary classics! I don't really read many christian "self help" books. I do like me some Francine Rivers, though....great christian novelist! So beware; if a review stands out and you think you might like to peruse.... that it often does not have christian content.
Anyways, I have always kept a diary of all the books I have read and just last year transferred from hand written journal form to a web log. I have to say I am a much slower reader since I got married and had a baby, but I still chip away at a good book...and there are SOOOO many out there......
I also feel like finishing a book is a great accomplishment to me. I feel proud and happy when I finally flip the last page of the book. I just finished one, 'The Book Thief'. It was a really good book! Read my review......... http://literarylitmus.blogspot.com/



No comments:
Post a Comment