Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Almost a year....

Its almost a year since this all happened. One of the most famous videos of Caylee was taken on Father's day last year almost a year ago now.

A few weeks back Ella and Binyam went out for a walk or so I thought. Binyam ended up jogging and took a new route which cast him off into the Anthony's neighborhood which is just about 2 or 3 miles away. Anyways long story short. It started raining cats and dogs and Binyam had his eye open for shelter. The only house in the neighborhood with their garage door open and someone in it was the Anthony's. Binyam took Ella there borrowed Cindy's phone and soon enough I was on my way to pick them up there. Binyam told me that Cindy went inside and brought out a towel and dried Ella up, Binyam noticed while he was waiting that Caylee's toys were still in the garage. George told Binyam while gazing at Ella that this was a really special age. Later on that day that statement just haunted me and still pangs my heart to think about all the heartache and loss these people have suffered. There are a lot of opinions and judgments out there about these folk. There are also a lot of books out there in the world about why bad things happen to good people. I think they are good people at the core. Is there a textbook on how to handle what they have gone through. I don't think so.....

I am reminded of something my mom said a lot when we were kids and I think it as a prayer all the time when I think of this family, "But for the grace of God, there go I."

This memorial is gone now. It is right at the end of their street and its huge and heartbreaking. It has been a while since I have posted, and I was looking for something so cobwebs didn't grow and I saw these picutures that I never put up and seeing that it has been a year just now, I thought I would throw them up, because somehow this was a part of me. It happened just about in my back yard (at least it felt like it when all the helicopters descended....) The Anthony family shops at the same grocery stores we do. These were my neighbors, Ella would have went to the same school as Caylee. We have all heard it said it takes a village to raise a child, but when the village looses the child, it mourns deeply.
Just beyond that sign is where Caylee was found.

No comments: