I just connected with a friend on Facebook I hadn't heard from in more than 25 years. She was from elsewhere in the world her family having immigrated from overseas (can't remember quite where right now). I remember just being drawn to her when I was a kid and having just a deep interest in her family. I had an ah-ha moment, that this deep love for other places in the world has always been there inside of me, even when I was a pretty small kid. It's not so much the first time I had such an ah-ha moment, but interesting none the less. I always knew I walked to the beat of a different drummer. Sometimes I just feel like I stick out like a sore thumb, however when I have a thought like this I realize its just who I am, and who God made me to be.
So over the weekend back at Animal Kingdom the park is broken up into sections. Where they animals were is Africa. It was pretty neat. They have a little side area set up with drums for the kids to play with. One time we had chosen a spot near to the drums to watch the parade. An hour of crazy miss matched drum beats almost drove me crazy, but a minute or two with a toddler was fun. Binyam seemed to fit in quite well.




It all made me remember this place.....This photo was taken at a Church we attended in rural Zambia. I loved that the boy looked right at me while I was taking the photo. I have such fond memories of that day, which include ice cream (long story)! Memories.......
No comments:
Post a Comment