Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tagged again!

I got tagged again...actually it was a while ago, but I am just getting around to it.

Here are the rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you (and, to be honest, I thought you MIGHT enjoy doing it, based on whatever I do know of you)...


1 & 2. I love water. Actually I hate drinking water but pretty much all other things water, the ocean, streams, rivers, lakes. I just love looking at the pond behind our house. It isn't even real, its ok with me. Its still water that the sun glistens off of birds bathe in. Love it.

3. I hate and I mean deeply hate driving in mountains. If forced to do so I drive at a snails pace and think every second I am feet away from flying to my death over the side.

4. I deeply deeply miss missions. I think about my past trips almost constantly...

5. I love vegetables. My favorite cookbook is Moosewood Restaurant for Low Fat cooking. Love it. I maintained being a vegetarian from my time on my Internship in India until just about two years ago when a good-bye BBQ got the best of me....

6. If someone gave me a free ticket to Australia or Texas, I'd return it or sell it. I have no desire to go to either place.

7. I respond extremely well to crisis situations. I guess ten year of working with juvenile delinquents did that to me.....nothing phases me so much anymore. I guess along with that given the opportunity I think I am very good at counseling.

8. I have been in about nine car accidents. Some I did, some other people did to me, some I was just a passenger. Two of those were while I was at Boysville with fourteen boys in the car. One of those two was a roll over ( I was not driving). My second accident was a duzy and required the jaws of life to get me out of the car... I had my parents call my pastor and basically all that happened was a stitch in my leg and my head.

9. IF I did have my choice of where to go in the world someplace I have not been, I would go to Thailand.

10. I love to read. I love stories. I could get lost in them....

11. I would love to do two things before I die, learn to play the piano and learn to speak to the deaf.

12. I am an INFP on the Myers-Briggs. I find a lot of freedom in knowing my Myers-Briggs ranking because such a small part of the population is this ranking. When I feel different I can rest in the fact that God made me different for a purpose and that reassures me from any evil thing the enemy can say to me to defeat me.

13. I would not consider myself a girly-girl, but LOVE helping my little girl in that direction. I love that she fancies herself a princess, runs around with butterfly wings on, loves rings and necklaces and babies....

14. I hate doing dishes. I would rather scrub toilets....I do love to vacuum. I could do that all day every day...along with mowing lawns.

15. I have been the the pyramids in Egypt along with King Tut's tomb. I have been the Parthenon in Athens Greece. The Great Wall in China. The Taj Mahal in India. The Copan Myan ruins in Honduras. I am immensely thankful to God for the amazing opportunities I have had to see the world....I miss it immensely (did I say that already)

16. I am a reality show junkie. I think I was a closet watcher until now. Sigh....

17. My three favorite foods are ramen noodles, ice cream and Doritos.

18. I love the Bible. I mean I really really love it. I think all the answers we ever need are in there. I love to look in commentaries about what other people think things mean. I love when pastors actually use it...I think using the Bible as a real teaching tool is beginning to be a lost art. I actually have used the exact same Bible for years using the ISBN number to get the same one again and again when it gets all used out and needs to retire.

19. I am a garage sale a holic. I LOVE me a garage sale.

20 humm...I stink at grammar. I wish I knew it better. Binyam has a grammar for dummies book and I really need to spend some time with it.

21. I love taking pictures. I consider myself a memory keeper. I love scrapbooking. I love looking at other's pictures and I really actually look at them, noticing the backgrounds....I love pictures.

22. I think I have the best husband in the world. I think I can say that with confidence because I literally looked all over and found mine in Ethiopia.

23. I love foreign food. I mean real foreign food. I love Korean Kimchee (rotten cabbage), Ethiopian Injera, Indian Curry....the real stuff that they eat....yummmm. I am convinced I am a true weird-o. I haven't met many who can freely move through cuisine with such fond affection. Umm...the only exception to this rule is Mexican where as I love Taco Bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. I consider myself God's favorite. Sorry charlies....

25. I probably won't tag anyone because I doubt anyone would respond.....However I love when I am tagged!!! Thanks Teri.

1 comment:

Christina said...

nope. i'm God's fav. :-P