Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for some have entertained angels unaware
The mad dash has begun to use the last few weeks of our Disney passes! We wasted no time. We only have six weeks left which is about six times after you factor out Sundays for church. Anyway, something drew us to the Magic Kingdom. I found out why in the parking lot.
When we first got in some poor newbie was having a hard time figuring out where to park. After pulling off to the side and trying to re-enter the stream of cars Binyam let them pass in ahead of us. It turned out that we parked side by side. I was a little shocked when I heard Binyam talking in Amaharic, his native language. The car he let in was a Ethiopian family of five!
Long story short...we spent the entire day with them! Went on all the rides with them, they helped us, we helped them with the kids. They were great people! Its hard to spend the entire day with people you know let alone people you don't and have a really great day.
It reminded me that there are people all around us all the time who are in need of us to be an angel in their life. It might not always be something serious. I feel like sometimes it is all or nothing in the world to day. We help the totally down and out and forget to smile at the lady at the cash register we see every day when we buy our groceries. Sometimes I think these people are dying a slow death loosing faith in humanity inch by inch hour by hour and a simple smile can restore them. Actually I have been there myself..... I feel sometimes like people don't want to be bothered with anyone anymore, but what I found Sunday is that there are people out there, even if they are already at the happiest place on earth! We may have talked with huge mouse, waltzed with princesses in and out of a beautiful castle and maybe, just maybe we walked side by side with angels all day long......

Two of their gorgeous children!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment