Sunday, August 24, 2008

We're Baaaaaaack!

 

We're Back and lovin' it. Our Disney season block-out was over as of last weekend. So this weekend we wasted no time visiting our old friends Mickey and Minnie! We had quite an experience! We saw the light of day for the first time in a week. Tropical storm Fay took forever to leave! When we saw the sunshine we knew we had to make good use of it so Binyam suggested we go to Disney. Had I taken a clue from the start of the day I might have stopped dead in my tracks and not have gone, but against all odds we pushed through. First Binyam misplaced his drivers licence which we needed because I had washed the Disney passes in the laundry. Clue #1 and #2. We searched almost to the point of giving up when we found it. I went to put the stroller in the car. All tires flat. We pumped them all up and after a brief stop at the grocery store we were off to the Magic Kingdom. Um, lets just say the magic from home didn't stay at home. We got our replacement passes and started off towards the park. For anyone who has not been there, once you purchase your tickets you are still two miles from the park. You have to take the monorail to actually get to the park. So walking to the monorail we hear a huge pop sounded just like a gun shot. It would have taken me by surprise if I had not simultaneously felt the tire blow up on my ankles. Some executive Disney employees came moments later and said that we had "definitely gotten their attention". Luckily we had an umbrella stroller in the car. Ella and I went into the park while Binyam went back and got the stroller. When he got back I thought it was all over and we were set for a day-o-fun. I was wrong. The first attraction we went to I was so happy to settle into the fun of Disney, I broke out the camera to take a few pictures of Ella enjoying a water fall. Guess what? The batteries died on the camera after about nine photo's. So I thought well that gives me a good reason to use the video camera exclusively. Guess what? Also dead. My optimism diminishing by the minute we proceeded to Frontier Land, where the Pirates of the Caribbean ride was and was actually a very short wait. We got in the line and realized after about ten minutes that it was not really moving. The ride was broke. They sent everyone away. When we emerged from the building it was a torrential downpour. Being ever optimistic we waited out the rain and when it had died down to just a drizzle we were off again. We went by boat to Tom Sawyers island a little oasis island where Binyam and I actually sat on old wooden rocking chairs and played checkers. That was nice enough until it started pouring again and this time with thunder and lightening which trapped us on the island because the boats they use to take us to and fro were totally open tom sawyerish rafts! Ugh. All in all it rained probably two hours. I lost track of counting the clues...there were so many. After we finally did get off the island, Binyam said it...."lets go home" I was all for it at that point. Enough was enough. We started to go out of the park when we passed by a ride we had never been on and the line was short. Actually the park had just about cleared out. So one thing led to another, actually I should say one ride led to another. I was shocked that in the three times we had been there we had missed so many rides. We kept going from ride to ride that we had never been on. It had cooled of significantly also. Like 70 degrees. No people. No lines. It was wonderful. We figured we went on six rides we had somehow missed, which was really nice. So what a day. We ended up at home at midnight. All in all it ended up being a wonderful day giving us another reason to thank God for giving us each other as a family and opportunities to enjoy each other. We are blessed beyond belief.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Teri said...

So glad it ended up good! Welcome back to the fun. We are looking forward to catching up with you there in a couple weeks!