By the time we made it to St. Maartin I was just tired of trying to figure out what to do and where to go when we arrived at port. I am a middle of the road kind of planner. I am sure I plan way more than most and way less than other's. I had printed out materials and found that one set of info was for the wrong island totally and the other was for the French side of St. Maartin and the side we were going to was the dutch side. UGH. I wasn't sure if we could do what I was thinking, wondering how far apart the French side was from the dutch side and if they acted like the 37 square miles of land mass was equivalent to traveling to the other side of the world. I was just tired of shouldering the planning burden.So we walked off the boat kind of wandering hoping to bump into something wonderful. We walked about a quarter of a mile and wandered into a taxi shelter and were casually looking around when a large group came in behind us. A taxi driver slapped a sign literally a foot in front of our face and said, "I told you we go to Maho beach." This is exactly where I had wanted to go.
So we jumped in the taxi with the group. It was a long rambling drive through the city and over the side of a mountain to get to the beach. When we arrived we were blown away. It was every bit impressive as anything I have seen on tv only more so because I was there in person!!!!!!
Yes, that is the same gate as two pictures above that says "Danger Jet Blast". in retrospect might not have been the best thing to do to our littles but we had a genuine interest in letting them experience the experience fully!
Long story which I plan on sharing in another post but I wasn't up there with everyone. I was fifty feet behind in the ocean and it blasted me equally there. It was amazing and unbelievable.



No comments:
Post a Comment