My days are far busier than I'd like them to be. I am constantly in a state of " I need to ____" (insert any one of a million things...) Ella asks me sometimes why I am in a rush all the time and its like a knife twisting in my heart. I desperately want to tell her that I wish I wasn't. And I desperately want her to understand like a wise old woman, but she's six. She doesn't understand. So I try to find myself. Find the moment and embrace what it has to offer. The important stuff, like letting my face light up when I see my girl.
I always say Disney should be studied. Its a human experiment in my opinion. Its not about the stuff you can buy there or the rides. Its about the connections you make. Its a day you give to your child and to your inner child. Disney doesn't miss a beat, they take photos of child after child. Some snotty and selfish. Some dying of disguising diseases. Some too busy that even a day away feels like a guilt trip. Child after child, person after person they look you in the eye, light up and say you matter. And its magical.
We were given an awesome gift after a very difficult summer. After a summer of my little five year old getting her baby brother out of bed every day and saving his life when her daddy couldn't move fast enough, we were given the gift of spending her sixth birthday at Disney. And what a gift it was. There was a moment when I saw my little girl dancing with a princess, all the stuff I need to do faded away. All the pressures of the future and failing of the past waltzed away. I got a little teary eyes. My baby is getting older and time is stealing her away. And I found a place where magic happens. Where I can remember what matters.




1 comment:
Awww, now I'm a little teary eyed. She looks so happy! You're doing a great job, mamma! Hugs to you.
Post a Comment