Monday, September 10, 2012

6th Birthday Part One

 I don't like cupcakes for birthdays. I guess its the perfectionist in me but I think they are ugly if you make them at home. Or at least make them like I do. I have not cupcake making talent. At all. So I consulted pinterest and came up with these little butes. Ella was beyond delighted to have them and so was I they were just as easy as cupcakes. Ok, I know I am ridiculous but I took like nearly forty photo's of them. Yeah, yeah I was trying to get just the right picture but it was kind of undeniable how cute they were where they were all assembled like an army together. So cute.

 Funny too because my sister and I were debating weather Ella was going to keep them a secret or blab about them all day at school. I found out quickly when we arrived at school and a random mom, not even associated with Ella's class walking outside said Ella told her all about them! So funny.
 So when we were passing them out I could hear kids saying, "this is the coolest ever...." Made me happy. Although I was so smitten with the little fellas I was kind of hoping the kids would cherish them and play robots on the table with them. Which was wishful thinking. They ripped them to shreds in no time flat! One poor little girl whose mother must have the fear of God in her refused to eat the evil candy. Poor kid. All the others indulged and enjoyed. Ok so it wasn't the healthiest of options but if you can't indulge on birthday's when can you. And fyi, the juice boxes were low sugar, which is actually why I found the happy birthday robot printables from somewhere on-line to cover up the "Motts for Tots" thinking someone might make a stink out of it.
The other option I gave Ella was cupcakes with chocolate mustaches on a stick sticking out of them. She choose the robots but I had a thought after that I could still do the mustaches with the straws. Those were a super hit. First graders are ultra goofy and those went over really well!!!!!! Happy birthday Ella!!!!

No comments: