With our friends Amy and Alan! Amy informed me earlier in the week that she purchased 50 ticket for what she called their "redneck reunion" She said it, not me. To tell you the truth I have always wanted to bring Binyam so I mentioned this to her and when someone decided not to go we picked up a few tickets! My first redneck experience! Awe.
This is Amy and Alan's youngest son, Levi. The truck jam is such a big event Amy made t-shirts for everyone on the back of Levi's it said, "Got Dirt?" I think he found some!!!!!!!!!
Ella seriously had the time of her life! We arrived at the showgrounds at 1pm for a 7pm show basically so we could tailgait. I have never done that before, so another new experience. I kid you not Ella litterally ran around for hours and hours. Levi had some monster truck toys so luckily they played a lot with them instead of Ella's old favorite "sweetheart and mommy" (poor Levi). We tailgated all afternoon in a great spot! We went to the "pits" to get right up close to the trucks. Then later went to the show a very short walk right next to our spot. Crazy enough after the show we went back to our spot and instead of battling the traffic we fired up the grill one more time for a late night snack of pulled pork, brats, hot dogs.....ummmm yummie!!!!!!! The picture of the girls above was taken onward of 11pm at night - still running around with friends.
Yeah baby. Crushin' destruction!
I couldn't believe these trucks and the height they could get!


Awe.....
The "opening ceremony" :)
And just in case you need the full experience (almost) check this out. I don't know what it is about a truck blowing its tire and spinning out so bad it falls on its side that is SOOOO awesome, but it was.....watch it above! ps.....I can not tell if that is me "whoo hooing" or not, I am just saying......Crazy fun! Ok?




No comments:
Post a Comment