So this is pretty much what our house looks like now. I am struggling with my attitude towards this whole house buying process. Lord. We started looking the first week of January. Even sooner if you count the times scoping out neighborhoods without a realtor. Our first look-see resulted in bidding on a condo which we lost as we were signing the papers. Our realtor called the owner's realtor to see how much the owners owed on the home to see what our round about bid might be and with all the papers signed and ready to go except for the bid blank...we called and were told that the home was off the market that day due to its eminent foreclosure.
The second condo was a surprise. I really thought I would not like it but I did. We bid and the owner refused to drop the price to anything remotely reasonable. So that was a no go. The next we bid on, we liked. Didn't love, but were ready and willing to compromise. We did love the fact that the home (also a condo) was huge with five bedrooms! I was spending many a minute daydreaming about a craft room!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well. We decided to back out of that one when the cost was giving us buyers remorse and we had not even bought yet.
Finally Binyam happened upon the last house we bid on the very day it come on the market. We were happy to see that it was not in the forclosure process as we had done that twice now with less than satisfying results. This condo was actually through the foreclosure process and now owned by the bank which makes a big difference. I did not think I would like the place at all and surprisingly...it was my favorite out of everything!!!! We bid on it the next day and nearly two months later...this is life as we know it. We are not quite living out of boxes, but close. I went on a packing frenzy a while ago not knowing the process would take so terribly long. So, stay tuned....soon enough we will actually have pictures of our new place!!!!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment