Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Baking Diva
It was a stormy day yesterday, and I was a bit stressed out. I guess I needed to keep myself busy. Earlier that afternoon someone showed up at the rental condo to move in. Needless to say it was a stressful day, and what always helps a stressful day???? Comfort food. I baked chocolate chip cookies.
Ella "helped" out. I think it is a good thing to have her in there while I am baking. The other alternative is sitting in the living room watching TV to keep her out of my way. I'd prefer "helping out".
I give her the entire box of measuring cups and a little trickle out of the faucet and magic happens. She totally loves it. I had to remove her twice because the tiny dishtowel under her was not handeling all the overflow. I rung it out while she stands at my legs and wines "wanna plray" (thats not a typo that is kinda how she says it). And as you can see I did manage to actually concoct a cookie dough there!!!!!
I was thinking yesterday about my childhood and all the things we use to do. I don't think we ever did too much quite like I am doing with Ella here, I guess thats the difference between one kid and seven. We did a lot though. We camped a lot, did a lot of nature stuff. I rember just to do something my Dad would take me and my brothers to Big Lots. Believe it or not it was an all night affair. We would beg to go. Big Lots has evolved a lot over time. Back then it was a disorganised mess of a store (yes...it was actually that bad back then to have impoved to just a mess of a store now...)I can remember spending hours there rummaging through bins of lip glosses or pens. I suppose I do a lot with ella just to eat up time but in the mean time we are building memories. Did I mention that on the way home from Big Lots we would take Omstead road which back then was like a country road. Now days there is several subdivisions off of it. We would go down that road in the dead of night and my dad would jam on the breaks every now and again sending us all flying forward and laughing in hystarics. The ride was usually accompanied by my dad saying "whats wrong" in a donald duck voice, he could do that voice quite well. I think it is so important to build memories with your kids. Sometimes memories are all that survives when all else is lost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
I had forgotten those really good memories of Dad. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment