Friday, April 25, 2008

A strange sort of cute....

 

Lately Ella has been doing this strange little antic, which is pretty cute. I think in actuality she is mimiciing me. Sometimes when I call her I put my fingers near my face, point at her, while giving her the stare down in an effort to get her to come to me. Usually doesn't work. Its more like an alarm sounds in her that its play time because mom has that "strange" look. She usually goes running and giggles.
 

She knows she is cute...
 

 

So lately when she does these silly nonsence things that I just love I find myself deep inside telling myself that I wish she would stay this way forever. I wish the pictures of this day were an everyday occurance. I wish she would always be one and a half. Then almost as soon as I think it I want to recant. I have friends whose children died and their memories of them are always and forever of them little. It makes me sad that time is fleeting.

Last week we were at Jo-Ann Ect.'s Ella was running around the store like a crazy person. She is always prone to attract people's attention but especially when she is being a wild bohemian. An elderly lady was watching Ella jump like a tigger from the beads to paint to the picture frames and back again. I did notice the lady watching Ella and percieved mabey she thought I was a bad mom letting my one year old run rampant in the store. So I purposfully caught the woman's glare in an effort to engage her and sternly inform her that really I was a mom on the edge and tired of fighting with Ella to get her to sit still or worse strapping her in the stroller and listening to her scream and cry. When I caught her eye I could see that she had a different sort of gaze at Ella. She looked up at me and said, "They grow so fast." Deep between the lines, her words seemed dripping with nostalgia. It seemed to me that she was young for a moment, and full of rich momories. Her old wrinkled eyes looking on a time long ago. Her words to me were not so much a statement but a plea. "Remember and cherish every moment, becuase time is like a vapor."

So for today, I love this strange sort of cute and share them with you!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: