Oh What a Day!!!!!!!! This is what greeted me when I drove onto the Campus Crusade for Christ headquarters yesterday....looks like nothing but if you just look you can see the more dense gray color is the outline of my building.
This was supposed to be the morning of the Atlantis shuttle launch after many delays...I was certain, after seeing this, that this was another delay day.

The weather reports said that storms were rolling in sent from the Tennessee area, we were set to get the mild backlash from all the horrible tonadoes. I was totally sure there would be no launch today!

However it made for a few beautiful pictures but definatly no launch today....

I was wrong....the day cleared up and the shuttle went off as planned with not even a one minute delay!

Although Merrritt Island, where the launch occurs at the Kennedy Space Center, is over a fourty minute drive when you stand at the end of the Campus property you can very clearly see the launch! It is neat to hear all the buzz around the office while everyone is wondering and checking NASA and News web sites to see if it will go off as planned. Then once it is a likely probability, there is a mass exodus from our work stations to outside. All the seasoned staff know right were to look and your waiting waiting and then the indeleable "there it is!" is shouted above the chatty crowd. Yesterday there was a clapp or two from a few excited individuals. Then I hold my breath praying for everything to go ok, because it hits you that seven people were just blasted off the earth with enough fuel to blow up a small city. I can almost feel the fiber of my being saying, "keep going...keep going". Then there just seems to be a point where it looks as if all has went well and I breath. I never cease to have a profound sence of wonder about the whole thing.
I was thinking yesterday that it is a little advantage of living here. I would have never included a shuttle launch on the list of reasons to move here, but when I am standing there watching with all that wonder flooding my heart, I do feel thankful for one more little reason why this place is so great!
1 comment:
Yeah - gladd to see you back in business! I'm glad your there too Heather. I am looking forward to connecting with you at some point in the not so distant future!
Blessings,
Teri
Post a Comment