Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love
is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns
like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love, Nor will rivers overflow it; If a man
were to give all the riches of his house for love, It would be utterly
despised. Song of Solomon 8:6&7
Ten years. Binyam and I have been married ten years. Some amazing memories, some trials....
This verse...Today it is hanging heavy in my heart. I know this relates His love for us which is why He wanted it to be in the scriptures. But the next notch down is the love we have for a spouse. This was why Solomon originally wrote it. Deep love that parallels only marriage and the love God has for us.
I am reminded that it is not an easy pathway to walk all the time, but God truly won't relent untill he has all of us completely and deeply and sometimes, He uses a marriage relationship to draw us closer to Himself. Sometimes it feels like a cross we must carry and other times it feels like rain poured onto us after a walk through a dry and weary land.
Mostly it has been these showers of blessing that have fallen on us and soaked us to our bones and I feel the ebb of that deep desperate love He has for me come crashing on me. The waters drenching and quenching everything around us and I am overwhelmed with thankfulness for all He has done for this little family of mine.
Castillo San Felipe del Morro, Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. September 8, 2014




No comments:
Post a Comment