Monday, September 29, 2014

Grand Turk

 Our first stop was Grand Turk, Caicos Islands. I was talking to another cruised the day before we docked at Grand Turk and he said all you need to do is swim in the water where the ship docks because it was just so beautiful. He was SO right. The interesting thing about that too was how close to the shore the ship seemed to be. In hindsight I wish we had just walked off the boat and swam but this was our first port and the curiosity was gonna get the best of me. I had to see what was there...
 We got off and bought  hop on hop off tour of the island. I am glad we did. It did satisfy my curiosity and I will forever know what is on that teeny tiny little island that is 1.5miles wide by 7 miles long, and we saw it all. Also to be noted that we landed on the shore at 7am. That was a rough wake up call for us. We didn't really make it off the boat until after breakfast and it still felt a wee bit rushed. Some little blankie carriers were still a bit tired. He perked up on the ride in the van around the island, with NO seat belts. For a kid this is sheer freedom. He had his window seat and no belt and animals roaming the island. Heaven for this little fellow.
I love their license plates that says it all. It is just a beautifully made place.

No comments: