Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Happiness is a choice.

Lately our lives have become about how we can fit Disney into our schedule. We are bound and determined to get our money's worth. Plus we just have fun. Lots and lots of fun. I find Disney to be relaxing. I have friends that poo-poo this thought but it is true, I find it relaxing. With that being said, I do think you have to work at it a bit sometimes. Sure there are those moments when the kids are beaming with joy. There are other times too. Times when everyone is hot and sticky, people bumping and running in front of you, disappointments when rides bread down after a long wait, when you missed lunch and realizes suddenly it is way past due..... This is when happiness becomes a choice. I have come to realize love and happiness are a choice. It isn't always handed to you on a silver plate. I think with Disney you have to work at it a little. For me because we live so close, it isn't a vacation. We didn't pack bags or board planes to go. We packed a lunch box and drove fifteen minutes. We leave and go home. While I am there I have to put aside thinking about laundry, pending visitors and meal planning. It is a gift really but I have to make a choice to not think about it. At all. I also have to lay aside my expectations. I learned long ago that we can't do it all. We can't go there and do every single thing every single time. So before we go we talk about what would make the day for us that day and it will just be one or two things. We work hard at trying to make those things happen. Then all else is bonus. The picture with Pooh. Bonus. Looking at things that way has revolutionized my time. I am so relaxed I could fall asleep in the middle of it all, on a bench right there on Main Street, Magic Kingdom. The cherry on top is that all day long I am with my kids without all the stress of life. Every smile, laugh and look of wonder. Bonus. I love Disney. We are about three months into our passes at Disney and I am already dreading the day they are over.

No comments: