I am a big believer in visiting historical places. I admire Teen Missions International whom I went with on missions trips when I was a kid. They valued the education in the history of the area we were visiting and if at all possible they took us to see those historical sites. Just to name a few, I was inside the great pyramids of Giza, Egypt back in the days when that was possible. I was inside King Tuts Tomb, an eight hour drive from the location of the pyramids. I went to ancient Corinth. Like as in 1&2 Corinthians. Same Corinth, in Greece. The Acropolis. The Great Wall of China, The Copan Ruins in Central America. All gifts to me from Teen Missions International. Ok, so Weeki Wachee isn't quite that caliber but you get the drift. Travel, history, learning, absorbing the places around us. Its important to me to pass onto my kids.
This little old world Florida jem is just about five miles from my Dad's new winter retreat in Florida!
And to tell you the truth, it is amongst one of the most fabulous looking natural places I have actually seen, and as you can see, I've seen a lot! Its unreal to me how blue that water is....like a dream, but I didn't alter that photo one bit, its exactly what it looked like......
And it made us smile.....Big smiles.
We saw a bald eagle nest. Apparently less and less rare due to conservation efforts, but I am still a product of my past and I am enthralled with these amazing creatures whom I believed all growing up would be totally extinct by the age I am now. Thank God for people with a love and passion for conservation. It doesn't pay (monetarily) much, but oh, it pays off.......
A good place, this old world Florida.



No comments:
Post a Comment