Can you hear me singing....Pinterest is my new BFF and the angels choir backing me up. Can ya? Can ya? I know I have sung the praises of Pinterest a few times on here but can you blame me? It was like I went from housewife hell to domestic goddess dreamland. Love it. So I came across this little beaut in my pinning madness and I had to try it.

I got the canvas at Walmart in a three pack for $5. I actually had the crayons. I thought they were a super box of 120 that had just the rainbow colors over and over again however upon closer inspection I found they were slight variations and there wasn't a single repeat color in the whole box of 120. Wow. I was disgusted with the box before and had it sitting around for a while just waiting for a red to break so I could replace it. Well low and behold I checked it out and found so many colors so I didn't have to buy crayons. Just glued them on...
I tried using a blow drier at first and forgot I had this heat gun from my days of melting plastic on my windows for insulation in the winters. Ok so glad I don't have to do that anymore!!!!!!!!! Anyhoo.....The blow drier took forever and the heat gun took seconds. We actually made a mistake or two which are hardly noticeable because it melted so fast..
I love love love love the final outcome. My only worry is I got just about everyone I know hooked on pinterest, I just hope there are not 10 of these little deals given as gifts to her teacher. By the way I took these pictures and mounted them on the back of the canvas with a little blurb "about the artist" and Ella's signature. So cute. Love pinterest, did I mention that????



No comments:
Post a Comment