If you knew my brother Robbie you'd know this is something akin to torture. We are bad bad siblings to roost a nine month old on top of his head for a photo opt. Oh well. He survived it. You can see from the photo's I did not post a photo essay in total annoyance in the facial gestures Robbie made trying to get a good shot. This, ya'll is my brother Robbie.
Many who know my family have asked through out the years how Robbie is. Here is is, soaking up the sun in Clearwater Beach Florida. He and my mom came to accompany my other brother Jeff who just moved to Florida. I am so happy for him to be able to get out of Michigan. It has literally been decades since he has been out of Michigan and I think it is so good for him to get out and do other things. I think this was his first encounter with sand in recent memory. I think he might have gone when he was a little little boy but I doubt if he even remembers that. You never know with Robbie. FYI he wasn't feelin' the sand - literally. He refused to take his socks and shoes off. No way, no how. Forget the sea....
Despite all this Robbie has been really happy down her. He has been cracking up for basically nothing, something I haven't seen nor heard of Robbie doing in years. Guess he is just happy. I think God gives Robbie the ability to free will crack up because it is so much fun to see and hear someone just crack up for no reason. They say joy is infectious. Robbie is a tough cookie to crack but there is a reason for Robbie. He may only have the mental capability of a two year old but he knows a lot and God knew he was needed for such a time as this.



No comments:
Post a Comment