Monday, June 20, 2011

Lazy dog days of summer.....



Seriously Ella asked me this morning if it was summer yet? Ummmmm. Is this kid delusional? Have we committed some gross travesty in not exposing this kid to a Michigan winter. She apparently has no idea the changing of the season. To her the changing of the seasons is dictated by Disney when they highlight the times of the year by highlighting summer activities. Oh and she asked in conjunction if it was summer if we could finally hide gold doubloons (yes she said doubloons) all over our back yard like a treasure hunt. Well little honey bunny. I hate to burst your bubble but it has been summer here for three months and chocolate doubloons wouldn't last a minute in the 103 degree Florida heat.....

Thats not all that won't last in the florida heat....I had considered naming this post how to konk out a kid in no time flat but thought that a little creepy considering the trial of our neighbors, the Anthony's.....So that's a no go. However you get my drift.....

Speaking of the trial, another neighbor and I go to the pool every night to share (ok gossip) about what we might have missed from the trial. It gives our kids a chance to pooper themselves out at the pool. And the last little bit of time I take Ezra in the pool. He loves it. Provided my knee he will bounce and spash to his little hearts content, and the result it is a bittersweet victory.........



This occurred when I rushed in the door one day and plunked Ezra down on the floor while I went to change out of my wet suit. You can see his hair isn't even dry. I literally changed my suit into PJ's and went back to him to find him konked out!!!!!! Mind you he hasn't even had his last feeding of the day...he didn't seem to care. ( I did a dream feed so he ate while he slept!)
Or I might get this. I changed him and sat him to play while I got Ella's dinner. Look at the furrowed brow.....So tired.
So the really big problem I have is that Binyam is not there to help due to our work schedules. I have no one to hold Ezra while I get Ella's dinner going. On days I know he is on his way out I make something so quick for her...five minutes tops and this is what I return to.....Again before his final feeding of the day....
Different day, different outfit....same scenario.


I think I have developed a skill here. Its gonna pull us through his summer which is gonna be a scorcher. I have adjusted to the heat for the most part but like yesterday after church we were running Errands and guess what. I lost my desire to shop. It was tragic yes I know, but halfway into it I looked at Binyam and said it is just too hot to be in and out of the car like we were doing. So we quit and head home to? You guessed it. The pool!

No comments: