Umm yeah.....This photo of Ella was NOT taken at the beach on Memorial day as we usually do every year. No. This is from last year because this year the beach looked like this......
Disgusting.The day before I did hear a news report that their were jellyfish at the beach but frankly there are always jelly fish at the beach and sharks and other little lurky things I honestly don't like to think about much. So when I heard the jellyfish report I lumped it in with all the other yucky ocean things which need to remain unmentionable for me to grace its shores! Ya feel me? Also I should add they did not report their number until I was sitting at home moments after returning from the beach flopped on the couch feeding Ezra. And what did they say? MILLIONS. Millions? Seriously they could have alluded to that fact the day before and saved me a trip!!!!!!!! There were thousands of people at the beach and literally about 20 braving the waters. I thought about it. I thought about going in anyway. However I am that person that gets a million skeeter bites while sitting next to you who gets none. So I thought, you know I think I am just asking for it if I go in!!!!!! I did go up to my ankles and nearly had a heart attack when a piece of seaweed wrapped around my toes. Took me a minute to catch my breath back!!!
So this was our first ten minutes on the beach. I had sent Ella down to play and saw her frozen and crying. Seriously it was adverting land mines. They were everywhere......Did I mention too that they are an "unknown" species? Yeah, no.
So not to mention we had a session huddling under our shelter while a storm we were wishing away ingnored us and hunkered down over top of us.. That includes four children under 4.....I did happen to look over and see one of the guys who was with us standing under his own umbrella clutching the oreo's and nutter butters. Thank God those didn't get wet. Geeze, that mighta really ruined our day!!!!!!!
That was just the first storm. The second was a duzy which left no one unscathed. Poor little Ezra got pelted on but he did manage to make it to the car before all the others who were still living in denial that a storm might "ruin" our day at the beach. Well by the time we got all the shelters, umbrella's, coolers, kids toys, chairs, food bags, bbq, camera's, six kids and six adults into cars and heading home (soaking wet at this point) it was sunny blue skies back again.
Did I mention this was an epic failure?



No comments:
Post a Comment