Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Reccuring Plane Crash Dreams


Ok, confessions 101.....

I have a reoccurring dream. I mean a lot. I dream that I am in a plane that is crashing. Is that picture there disturbing there for ya, yeah me too and I have the most realistic dream that I am in one while this is happening.

I am not big into dreams and all but I defiantly think I have a gift to tell what dreams mean, for other people and for myself. But this one has me stumped. I am tired of them too! Sometimes I think if I am actually ever in a plane crash I won't be even a wee bit scared because I feel like I have been in a ton of crashes. I got this down pat! Seriously. Weird.

Last nights....I was flying from somewhere home. People were with me but I wasn't exactly aware of who. Although I did have two small infants that seem to me were being adopted, not so sure if it was even for myself or just an escort situation. The plane was weird, different, indescribable, except that the seats were roomier. I had the one infant with me in a stroller in front of me, so you know they had to be bigger...The stewardess came over and checked out the baby and said he was not strapped in, which he was only strapped into the stroller. I asked her whats the difference and she left me alone.

Later in the dream I was walking around the cabin of the plane, looking out the window. The baby was not with me at this time. I made a phone call to Millie. Millie is a co-worker of mine that I don't think I have ever once even called on the phone. She is in the west coast office and I am vaguely familiar with her.....I remember so clearly I was talking with her and thinking how smooth the flight was at the same time.

Suddenly the plane jerked down and forward. I was startled but started to think, well that doesn't mean we're going down. But the disturbance never corrected itself. I then knew we were going to crash. I thought to myself I can't believe I am on the phone with someone while this is happening. I immediately told Millie. I can't talk about this right now, but something is happening with the plane, I think its going to go down. I then proceeded to tell her what messages I wanted her to give to my family. My goodbye's.

If I didn't know it for sure I knew it now. The plane started really free falling nose forward. I was done with the goodbye's with Millie and now it was time to make my peace with God. I already believe I have made peace with God, but knowing the end is near there were a few things to be said.....This was a really interesting part, because I had the feeling of being inside the plane and sky diving. I felt free. It was beautiful even in light of the impending doom. No fear.

The plane approached the ground and the moment was over and I started to worry what was going to happen. I could see a highway and thought the pilot was going to try to land on it. When he tried the back tail of the plane broke off but the plane still continued to "fly" roughly before going down.

I realized that I survived and crawled out a window. It was so vivid to be crawling through this wreckage. I remember putting my hand out to climb and thinking I was really risking cutting my fingers on the jagged edges.

I started walking away and as i did the plane resurrected itself and began this ghostly, haunting death knell of a flight in the sky. It was shocking. I walked like from a movie scene or something all tore up, dirty through a crowd of high schoolers. I was thinking, how could you just be standing here, that wild plane is back in the sky and its gotta come down somewhere......

After I had that thought I really thought I should move faster. At this point people were starting to realize what was happening and a frantic hysterics started charging the air with the realization the plane was coming back down. I broke into a run inside a building which seemed to be a resort. It had a glass top roof and I could see broken circular cylinders of broken on fire plane careening toward the glass. I thought, Oh no they are going to crush me this way now. I was really scared. Three separate pieces fell through the glass roof, and when I say pieces I mean like whole sections of plane.

That is it. I think I woke up at this point.

I don't know why I have them Sometimes I think I have post-traumatic stress disorder from 9-11. The most disturbing thing in all of that to me was when the second plane hit the second tower. My stomach just drops. I live near an airport too and see planes flying all the time. I have to control my thoughts sometimes. I get fixated that one is coming down. Its coming down I am convinced of it. Then I let it go, go home and watch the news. Nothing. Just me being a weird-o. I am not afraid to fly either (except may by those little 15 passenger planes, no thank you....)

So, weird dream..... Sorry, I have merry little Disney pictures then a plane crash.....I just though ,I think more so for myself, to document the dreams and If I write them down in a book someplace I'll forget about it or loose it.....I think I am having them for a reason but I have no idea why.....

2 comments:

Holly said...

Heather- wow. I pray that God speaks to you and gives you wisdom about these dreams. Before I read the part where you mentioned 9/11, I was thinking, "I wonder if she has PTSD" but I didn't know if you were involved or had a loved one involved- I just finished a BHP book, "Between Heaven & Ground Zero" by Leslie Haskin. You need to read it- it's powerful.
Thinking of you-
Holly

Anonymous said...

Yeah I think I will look that book up on half.com. Thanks for the prayers and concern....I hope I figure it out sometime....I had a friend of mine who was in FEMA the Federal emergency relief crew.....he had horrible pictures, I wish I had never seen. I should read that book....