
My first attempt at a blog. It is a little intimidating, all this empty space on the page...all this space in my heart totally taken over with loving life. How does one get it all down and into words safely? I guess i just give it a try.
So here I am.
We joined the snow birds and flew south to the sun of Orlando, Florida. When people here hear that we had moved from Michigan they undoubtedly think we were fleeing from the snow and the cold. Well, it was not about that at all for us. There are so many desires in our heart, none of which held any concern for weather. in all honesty we were more nervous about the heat instead of welcoming. So five months down the road here we have found our new place in the "son" - this is where God has us, wants us and we are loving it.
I am working at the JESUS film project. Someone gave me a sign to hang in my cubicle area and it says "people are coming to Christ today because of the work that I do." I had always thought I would be a missionary living in some distant land, that not being so for whatever reason, this is the next best thing! This job is a gift to me and a welcome relief to the last ten years working with delinquent teenage boys.
Our family is welcome here which is a nice change to a lot of lonely years in Michigan. The work schedule is conducive to having a life outside of work. We have found many wonderful friends mostly in the "family" I have found at work. They are good to us.
Ella is growing and thriving. The son has browned her skin golden and she loves her little care free days spent playing in the many area parks.
Life is good.
I can not loose the words I write underneath so great a URL....A Place In The Son....in such a poignant way it encompasses where we have ended up at this stage in our lives and it is a brilliant place to be. It is freeing to be found in the hands of so great a God.



2 comments:
Hi Heather - Welcome to the Blog world. It is a fun way to process and get those feelings welling up inside of you out. Or just ramble if you want. I look forward to keeping up with you guys this way, and I really do look forward to a time in the not so distant future that we can connect and catch up in person. We will talk to you soon. Love, Teri
Thanks for inviting me to your blog! What a fun way to let lthers know what you are up to! I love the pictures of Ella!
Post a Comment